Saturday, April 12, 2014

Week 1Toughts

Hi everyone!

This is the first week  of  Webskills Course, offered by the University of Oregon American English Institute, and I have already learned lots of things.I am part of the Green group which is oriented by Donna Shaw, who seems to be a very careful instructor. She is constantly in contact with us in a very polite and motivating way. I can see she cares about us and our performance in the course. 

One of the most important discover of this week is related on discussion foruns. We discussed the "Ground Rules for discussions" and I learned that foruns can have different goals and can be evaluated  in different ways. I confess I had never tought foruns could be evaluated. For me they were just a way "to be in contact" with others.

Well,  the opportunity of being in contact with 20 teachers from all over the world, is priceless! I have met people from such diverse places I have never tought of and noticed that we all have a similar goal: understand how to be better teachers using technologies! That is so exciting!

I am surprised and anxious for what is to come the next week!


Ju

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ju,

    Your blog is wonderful! You've done a GREAT job with all the Week 1 tasks and assignments. Well done!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! Hope we keep doing a great job together!

      Delete